During his 35 plus-year career, Allan Caplan spent six years prosecuting major felonies and white collar crimes as an Assistant Hennepin County Attorney. In 1983 he formed Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, one of the premier criminal defense firms in the Midwest with six attorneys representing clients in criminal law matters, both locally and nationally.
Caplan has gained numerous acquittals and successful results for his clients in every type of case ranging from DWI to First Degree Murder. Caplan, a 1974 graduate of William Mitchell, is licensed in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Federal Court. Caplan and his associates frequently speak at Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars. Mr. Caplan has been consistently selected by Mpls-St. Paul Magazine as one of the best criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota. He holds an AV rating, the highest rating an attorney can have from Martindale-Hubbell, a national attorney rating service. Allan Caplan was named an Attorney of the Year for 2010 by Minnesota Law & Politics.
Our group of Minneapolis criminal defense lawyers and attorneys has successfully resolved more than 20,000 cases.
- One of the largest and most experienced criminal defense firms in the Midwest.
- Immediate response day or night, 365 days a year.
- Over a half century in combined successful criminal law experience.
- Six highly experienced attorneys, including former prosecutors and career defense trial lawyers.
- Successfully defended thousands of criminal cases from traffic matters to Murder in the First Degree.
- Licensed to practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Federal Courts in MN, WI and ND.
- Resources available to represent clients in all 50 states.